Muskogee Lawyer BlogHow Do You Change Your Name in Oklahoma?

You Must Get Permission From the District Court

attorney in MuskogeeVideo Transcribed: How do you change your name in Oklahoma?  I’m Muskogee Attorney Eric Strocen, with the Wirth Law Offices. A name change in Oklahoma requires that you get permission from the district court.

Now what the district court judge will be looking for is that you’re not changing your name for some purpose to defraud the court or avoid some legal method of finding you.

The way this happens is, you first need to file a petition with the district court and have a hearing. Now hearings filing petitions can be extremely complicated and very difficult, don’t leave things to chance by trying to do them yourselves and risk getting it wrong because you won’t get the justice that you’re seeking.

Contact the Wirth Law Offices and get competent legal representation to assist you with any name changes in Oklahoma.

"Make law easy!"