Muskogee Lawyer BlogWhat Do You Do When There’s a Bad Personal Representative Appointed by the Court?

Hire a Good Attorney

attorney in MuskogeeVideo Transcribed: What do you do when there’s a bad personal representative appointed by the court? Hi, I’m Eric Strocen and I’m a Muskogee attorney with the Wirth Law Offices here to talk to you today about this important probate topic.

Now at the outset, you could just object right when that person files their petition and ask the court to be appointed personal representative by saying they have wants of understanding, they lack integrity, just generally claiming that this person is irresponsible and the court cannot trust them to handle the affairs of the estate as a fiduciary should and that the lawful administration of this estate would not take place if this person is appointed.

Now if they’re already appointed, as individual mishaps happen, you can challenge and petition the court to say, “Hey, this person is doing X, Y, and Z, and they need to be removed and terminated from their duties as representative of the estate.”

Now, if you have any issues with this or any other issues regarding probate in Muskogee and you want to talk, reach out via phone or visit us online at

"Make law easy!"