Muskogee Lawyer BlogWhat Do You Do When Your Family Member’s Bail Is Set Too High in Your Opinion?

Hire an Attorney to File a Motion

Video Transcribed:  What do you do when your family member’s bail is set too high in your opinion? Hi, I’m Eric Strocen. I’m an attorney in Muskogee, Oklahoma with the Wirth Law Offices.

attorney in MuskogeeThere is an avenue for informing the court that bail was set too high at the initial appearance or arraignment, and there needs to be some leeway for that person to be able to make bail financially to be able to continue to have that connection to their community.

And what it hinges on is whether that person can come to court in Oklahoma. Will that person return? Will that person surrender to the court’s power to hear this matter? And the Oklahoma Court of Appeals and Supreme Court have articulated certain factors that are to be taken into consideration.

When it comes to reducing bail, what I could do for you as your attorney is I could file a motion, take your individual facts and say, “Hey, here’s how they fit into these factors,” and pray that the court decides that we need to reduce this bail.

How that benefits you is if you’ve still have your job if you still have obligations where sitting in jail might affect those if we can get you out pretty quick, or we can get a bail that’s more reasonable, that might look good for you in fighting your criminal charges. If you have a criminal matter you’re needing assistance with, please reach out to the Muskogee Criminal Defense Attorney at the Wirth Law Offices. Visit us online at

"Make law easy!"